Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday my dear MOM! It's very hard to put into words how much you have sacrificed and have done for me and I don't know how to express my gratitude and thanks! Growing up we did not have much yet we had everything thanks to your love and hard work. It doesn't matter how many Cuban restaurants we eat in, NOTHING is better than your HOME COOKED CUBAN FOOD! Every Sunday we waited in anticipation for the famous arroz con pollo! I know yo era tremendo, but you always had faith in me and you have never stopped praying for me and my family. I have never forgotten when we were young children all the beautiful songs you used to sing to us in Gallego!
One of most of my treasured memories growing up were simple things like my family sitting at the kitchen table talking (loud!!) and sipping coffee. You would always wake up the house with that sweet aroma of El Café Cubano. To this day, when this viejo goes home to visit, my mom will put on the cafetera and the saying: do you want Café Cubano? OF COURSE!

Thank you God for blessing me with such a wonderful MOM!

Happy Birthday MOM!

No comments: