Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Top 10 Things to do when you visit Cuba!!!!
The AP and other news outlets are just FOAMING at the mouth, plus they are posting non-stop articles about Americans traveling to Cuba and POOF Cuba will just change automatically.
Since El Cafe Cubano can't compete with the non-stop propaganda from the news outlets, this blog has decided to help those who travel to Cuba with some tips or things TO DO while in Cuba:
Here is a top 10 list:
1) BONUS: When you step off the plane in Havana, make sure you hit the local watering hole for some mojitos, and while toasting, make sure you say REAL LOUD: ME CAGO EN FIDEL
REPEAT: ME CAGO EN FIDEL
By saying this I am SURE you will be upgraded in your accommodations!
2) Go to your local Hospital or Clinic and get yourself a check up or better yet some surgery. Remember go to the one that are usually reserved for locals, to get that AUTHENTIC local flavor!!!
3) For you Architecture lovers, since Cuba has been unspoiled for 55 years, stay in those Art Deco buildings(the ones you see Crumbling all over) for the REAL Cuba feeling. Electricity and running water are optional.
4)This is really cool...... Get yourself in a 1953 Ford taxi, feel like your stuck in a time warp, and ENJOY YOURSELF to some Cohibas while touring all the land, buildings, and Houses stolen by the regime. Try to facebook, twitter, and snapchat while doing this....
5) Volunteer at your local political prison while wearing your Che t-shirt
6) You want something REALLY Authentic: Get some rafts, inner tubes, or any floatation device, and at the crack of dawn, take to the water, and for kicks, see how long it takes you to get to Miami!!!
7) While doing the tours, and when you go by the Dictator's compound, wave those huge FOAM fingers, the one with the middle finger extended and say hello this is a salute from Miami.
8) Bring some computers, laptops, cellphones, all types of electronics to the dissidents(make sure you declare this when you get off the plane in Havana!!!!)
9) Bring some extra cash for a smoke a thon with Fidel(depends if he is really alive or not)
10) All these are touristy things, but check out the possibility of opening up a business with the government, they are reliable, and they always PAY!!!