Thursday, July 21, 2016

"Hungry Venezuelans cry at the sight of food, as economic crisis deepens"

 
 
 
 
While reading this article concerning Venezuelans crying at the sight of food, it brought back a vivid memory of a similiar experience! Back in the early 1980's, my father had a family member visit us from Cuba(never knew the exact details to why?). This family member apparently was with the so called revolution , I could feel the anxiety within my family with the anticipation of his visit. Well, we pick him up at the airport and we stop by a grocery store and we all go in all together, I suddenly notice this family member from Cuba SCREAMING at the top of their lungs RUNNING up and down the aisles saying:
 
"I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH FOOD IN MY LIFE, EVERYTHING FIDEL HAS SAID IS A LIE"

No comments: