Monday, October 03, 2016

Jose Fernandez



Even though I'm a die hard New York Yankees fan, Jose Fernandez was one of my favorite players. I was traveling at the time, and when I got off a plane, I was shocked to hear that he passed away. What a shame someone so young and such a great pitcher had to go before his time. What most people can't understand is what he meant to the Cuban American community. He like many of the Cuban exiles were persecuted by the brutal communist regime, and fled for FREEDOM. He loved the USA so much and would always make the point how grateful he was to be here and for FREEDOM. His passion for baseball, life, and for the realities of the Cuban situation are also reflected by many Cuban Americans(however many in the media insult us and downgrade us)

So with his passing a little bit of each of us passed away with him......


Oyeme brother may you Rest in Peace!!

No comments: