Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Gloria"

Back in the day one of my favorite groups was that of U2. That was before they became so commercialized and so full of themselves. One song: "Gloria" has to be one of my all time favorites for two reasons: it's lyrics and the way that Bono(check out his hair!) sang this song with so much passion.

What does that have to do with Cuba ..Alfredo?

I'll get to that in a minute.. here are the lyrics to the song:

I try to sing this song I...I try to stand up But I can't find my feet I try, I try to speak up But only in you I'm complete

Gloria...in te domine Gloria...exultate Gloria...Gloria Oh Lord, loosen my lips

I try to sing this song I...I try to get in But I can't find the door The door is open You're standing there You let me in

Gloria...in te domine Gloria...exultate Oh Lord, if I had anything Anything at all I'd give it to you I'd give it to you

Gloria...Gloria..

How many of our brothers and sisters died either by execution or as a result of the communist regime? They gave EVERYTHING they had for Our Lord standing up for what was right. All those political prisoners now giving their ALL for what is right!

Can we say the same?

In and out of Cuba it seems that we have splintered off in so many tangents, agendas, and divisiveness...and that's exactly what evil and this regime wants! We get so stuck on topics like the embargo and other issues that we lose sight and FOCUS!

Are we(me included) willing: if I had anything Anything at all I'd give it to you I'd give it to you Gloria...Gloria...

Join the FAST for political prisoners on Friday's and give YOUR ALL. Do it for those who gave their ALL...Do it for those who have lost hope.

Maybe one day I can sing these lyrics in Matanzas, Madruga, and at my Grandparents grave!!!!

4 comments:

Vana said...

Hope the day comes soon Alfredo when you can sing at your Grandparents grave in Matanzas, hope is soon very soon.

Alfredo said...

Vana,

actually 3 of my grandparents are buried in the U.S. and 1 grandfather is buried in Madruga. My family is both from Matanzas and Madruga. Hopefully We ALL can sing together in a FREE Cuba.

Thanks for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fredo with that mullet..LOL

Anonymous said...

very moving fredo. No one is going to join you for that stupid fast and no one reads your blog anymore!