Monday, November 28, 2016

The Dictator is DEAD.......Don't TELL us how we should FEEL or not to celebrate




The DICTATOR is DEAD........At first many did not believe the news, but after the news finally sunk in.....many emotions started to flow through me.....and how fitting the person who called me and TOLD me the news was my DEAR FATHER! A PRICELESS moment, because one of the reasons I do this blog is for my PARENTS! After telling my wife and kids, my mind started to race on thoughts about my Grandparents and how I WISH they could see this day. Remember on how the news media mentioned HISTORIC a thousand times about the Obama trip to Cuba and the flights to Cuba? Well I am going to throw the word "HISTORIC" now..... I said "me voy pa' Versailles"....and my dear Son said, "I am going with you!" Let me tell you how WRONG the media is, for some time now, the media is drilling the concept that the Cuban Exile community is dying, old, and the new generation of Cuban Americans don't care about Cuba....WELL......I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES.....Tons of young people, several generations of Cubans in the streets on Calle ocho!

Now back to the experience... I drive up to Calle Ocho and the gridlock of cars with Cuban and American flags HONKING and WAVING it was surreal. We finally find a parking space and start walking up to Versailles(the street was blocked off for several blocks). I am walking with my son towards Versailles, tons of people all over the place, UNBELIEVABLE......we stand in front of Versailles taking the moment in.....and then it hits me, I start to CRY(I'm really trying to hold it in), my son starts to HUG me.....A HISTORIC MOMENT!!!!!!!!

That specific moment was for:

MY PARENTS
MY WIFE AND ALL OUR KIDS
MY BROTHER AND HIS FAMILY
MY GRANDPARENTS
MY UNCLES, AUNTS, AND ALL MY COUSINS
ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN EXECUTED, IMPRISONED, and TORTURED under this brutal regime
ALL THE CUBAN FAMILIES THAT HAVE SUFFERED THE LAST 57 years
FOR THE FREEDOM OF CUBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Alfredo!