Saturday, January 20, 2007

"Waste of time"

There are moments that really inspire me to write and here is one of those moments: I received a sharp comment by someone very near and dear to me concerning the El Café Cubano blog and the Dictator FREE radio program. Basically it went like this: “What a waste of time.” “If you made money doing this fine, but you waste your time for nothing!”
I took that comment very hard and it “HURT” very deeply! I don’t do this for MONEY or for FAME. My god is not communism or the love of money (Sure, I like to have tons of money, but not as god). Funny how this comment was directed at El Café Cubano, but not once has that person read my blog or heard the radio program!

You know when I do things, I do it 120% and very driven, but this is done for those have been tortured and suffered under a brutal apartheid dictatorship in Cuba. I made a special promise and I intend to keep my promise.

El Café Cubano is not going to apologize for being too Cubano or not Cubano enough. El Café Cubano is not going to apologize for writing in English, Spanish, Italian or whatever the case may be. I am who I am and very proud, no excuses!

This is the cross I am willing to take, but very hard sometimes! Yet, nothing compared to those who were imprisoned for 20 years, nothing compared to those who sew their mouth shut and willing to stand up, nothing compared to those who lost everything.

A simple question to that person and others who frown on what I do: What have you done? What is your cause? What is your destiny? What are you afraid of? We need to stop being afraid, careful yes! Division and fear is the tool of the evil one. We at El Café Cubano believe in FREEDOM and LIFE!

I am tired of the “Debbie Downers!”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've gotten the same at KillCastro. And have given the same response you gave. Good to be in your company!

Fantomas said...

Keep the fight .... you are doing great

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing great! I really like this blog. Don't pay attention to those that have negative comments, they are probably jealous or maybe they like Castro. Keep on doing your thing.

+Miguel Vinuesa+ said...

Ladran, Sancho, luego cabalgamos ;)

Un abrazo, maestro!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is inspiring to Cubans, it let's them know they are not alone. You tell the true and the true will set them free.

Robert said...

Keep up the good work Alfredo. There will always be doubters no matter what you say or do.

Anonymous said...

wasn't Saint Thomas a doubter?

Asha Nair said...

naaahhhh!
olvidate de la marmaglia...
tu te sorprenderias si un funcionario castrista te comenta asi?

Pa'lante! cabalgamos! (como dice vinuesa)

Anonymous said...

DAMN, WHAT HAPPEN ALFREDO? GONE FOR 3 DAY BUSINESS TRIP FILL ME IN.

Ray said...

Maybe what someone once said would be most appropriate in this case

"Stand for something or you will fall for anything."