Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Don't turn off your heart just yet!!!


Don't forget about nuestro hermano Darío Martinez, who needs our HELP:

"To Whom It May Concern:My name is Dario Martinez. I am a 31-year old husband and father of a 10 month old baby boy and I am expecting a baby girl in the next few months. I am a Cuban national having arrived in this country in 2001. I am now a legal resident. I was in my fifth year of medical school in Havana, Cuba before I was expelled for political reasons. Ifound freedom and opportunity in this country and was able to obtain a medical internship in New Jersey. With my wife, a child, and a career in the profession I love before me, my life was more than I could hope for. On October 15, 2007, I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. I am under the care of Dr. Lyle Feinstein, an oncologist at Memorial Hospital West in Pembroke Pines; FL. Dr. Feinstein has informed me that the only treatment that provides me with any hope in survival is a type of bone marrow transplant available in specialized hospitals. Unfortunately, my insurance company will not cover any more treatments, having already reached a cap. My wife and I have sought out different avenues that would allow me to undergo treatment, including Medicaid; however, because I am not a US Citizen, I am not eligible for Medicaid coverage. I have submitted an application for US Citizenship, but the current wait times for such applications is much longer than the doctors believe I can wait. Because of my current situation, I am now coming to you, so that I may be considered for your financial assistance. I’ve exhausted every other possibility and time is running out. We are in desperate need of your help. It is distressing to imagine that my son andfuture daughter will grow up without their father, simply because there was no money for a treatment that was very much available. If you or anyone else are willing to contribute tothis cause please make the donation to:

Dario Martinez Allogeneic Bone Marrow TransplantWashington Mutual Bank Benevolent Account # 9343737338
Or send to: Northridge Services Center P.O. Box 1080 Northridge, CA 91328-9958 Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely, Dario Martinez."

-- This letter was sent out to all of Dario's friends and family in hopes that we will help him. The moment we received his letter we began creating this site to help our dear friend, Dario.

No comments: