Thursday, August 22, 2013

Are you kidding me department??????

 
 
 
 
I had to do a double take after reading this article by Forbes. The title of the article is:
 
 "Fantasize About A World Without Advertising? Try Cuba"
 
 
Yes, folks that's the title of the article.  It gets even better :
 
 
 
"When I say Cuba doesn’t have advertising, I’m obviously exaggerating a bit. I just didn’t see much advertising. No billboards. No television ads (as far as I could tell—though cable channels originating outside Cuba did have ads). No Internet ads (few Cubans can even afford Internet access). No leafleting. About the only “advertising” I encountered was store signage and oral pitches.This ad-free environment may sound utopian, but consider the principal reason why advertising is so scarce: because there aren’t a lot of things to buy, and not many people can afford to buy them. In effect, the lack of advertising is correlated with the Cuban economy’s consumer activity. With only a thin layer of consumer activity, advertising isn’t needed and rarely could be profitable. Cuba also doesn’t have much advertising because there’s little competition in Cuba"


STILL AFTER 54 YEARS ......... CUBA HAS NO ADVERTISING BECAUSE IT'S A COMMUNIST COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

No comments: