Saturday, August 24, 2013

Why should I be happy?

Over the years I have known people(non-Cuban) who have gone to Cuba. Now I understand Cubans who go the island to visit their family. Me personally, I will never step foot in Cuba until the Castro dictatorship is gone. I have many reasons that I do not need to validate with anyone. My family suffered a great deal and lost everything, and also out of respect to my dear Mother and Father. One of these days HOPEFULLY, I can step foot in a FREE Cuba with my parents, my brother and his family, along with my wife and kids......now back to those non-Cubans who visit Cuba.......they are shocked that I am not jumping for joy after they say: "hey I went to Cuba" and they proceed to tell me about all the 1950's cars, and what a wonderful time they had. I usually respond with a smirk and a serious reply "oh really?" I proceed to tell them my feelings and the "Cuban REALITY" but to no avail because I am speaking Greek to them.

I am sick of seeing photos of clueless visitors people smoking cigars, having pictures taken in the plaza of the revolution with the image of che in the background, and pictures of them drinking mojitos.


sorry...... I can not be happy, while the blood of my brethren has been spilling for the last 54 years!!!

No comments: