Thursday, March 22, 2007

SOS

CUBA

CUBAN STATE SECURITY FORCES AND PARAMILITARY MOBS LAY IN SIEGE HOME OF BLIND LAWYER AND HUMAN RIGHTS LEADER

Ciego de Avila, Cuba. March 19, 2007.Cuban Foundation for Human Rights

SOS

My name is JUAN CARLOS GONZÁLEZ LEIVA. I am the president of the Cuban Foundation for Human Rights. Since the afternoon of Friday, March 16, my home remains surrounded by motorcycles and patrol cars of the Cuban State Security and National Police forces, in addition to dozens of paramilitary mobs of a low sort, known as Rapid Response Brigades.

On Monday, March 19 at 8:30 in the morning, as I left my home to purchase groceries, I was prevented from doing so as I was physically intimidated by members of these mobs. This same situation took place once again at midday when I was saying goodbye to Taidy Emilia, the wife of prisoner of conscience José Antonio Mola Porro.

I am unaware of the reasons why the Cuban government is doing this. Maybe it's because I was going to travel to Havana or it's because we published the Cuban Magazine Amanecer (Dawn). In any case, I hold the Cuban government responsible for this provocation and any consequences thereof.

My telephone has not been cut off yet ( + 53 33 222235) and my address is: Calle Honorato del Castillo #154 entre República y Cuba in Ciego de Ávila.

Juan Carlos González LeivaPresident of the National Secretariat of the Cuban Foundation for Human Rights

NOTE: Please, disseminate this news to all world governments and international entities such as the press and churches.

GOD BLESS THE WORLD

Information obtained from Cuba via telephone. Recorded, transcribed, and translated by the Coalition of Cuban-American Women/LAIDA CARRO. Email: Joseito76@aol.com / Fax: 305-740-7323

NetforCuba Internationalhttp://www.netforcuba.org

Para NetforCuba en español, favor de visitar:http://espanol.netforcuba.org

1 comment:

Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

I emailed him couple days ago and he did respond.